MyUPMC Terms & Conditions
- MyUPMC is a central hub that allows patients to access a number of UPMC services using a single login.
- MyUPMC offers patients and their proxies access to their UPMC medical records. MyUPMC allows patients to communicate securely with their UPMC doctors, renew prescriptions, view test results and medical records, and request appointment, among other things.
- UPMC AnywhereCare offers round-the-clock online medical visits for patients ages three and older who are located anywhere within Pennsylvania. This service is for a fee, and is not for emergency or urgent medical conditions.
UPMC is pleased to offer you the ability to view parts of your medical record and bills, and interact with your UPMC physician's office, UPMC AnywhereCare provider or UPMC's billing office online by using MyUPMC. By requesting a MyUPMC account, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Failure to follow these terms and conditions may result in termination of your enrollment in MyUPMC and your ability to conduct a UPMC AnywhereCare visit.
You must be 18 years or older to be eligible to participate in MyUPMC. You can obtain an account by being an active patient of a UPMC health care provider or you may be a new patient seeking care through the UPMC AnywhereCare website.
Your Use of MyUPMC:
By requesting to participate in MyUPMC, including the UPMC AnywhereCare service, you understand and agree to the following:
- MyUPMC is intended as a secure online source of confidential medical and billing information. If you share your MyUPMC username and password with another person, that person may be able to view personally identifiable health and billing information about you.
- It is your responsibility to select a confidential MyUPMC password, to maintain your password in a secure manner, and to change your password if you believe it may have been compromised in any way.
- MyUPMC and the UPMC AnywhereCare website are not tools to be used in the case of an emergency. If an emergency arises, you should seek appropriate emergency medical service.
- You agree not to abuse the right to communicate with your physician's office, a UPMC AnywhereCare provider or UPMC's billing office using MyUPMC.
- Your communications will be professional in content and not frivolous in nature or frequency.
- You confirm that all information supplied by you is true, complete, and accurate in all respects, and you agree to notify us within a reasonable time period of any changes to that information or if you determine that the information is inaccurate, misleading or out of date.
- You shall access MyUPMC only as permitted by UPMC and its affiliated entities and not attempt at any time to circumvent system security or use the website for any unintended purpose.
- You agree that all of your activities within MyUPMC will be tracked and that entries may become a permanent part of your medical record.
- MyUPMC is provided by UPMC as a convenience to our patients and that UPMC has the right to deactivate access to your MyUPMC account or that of your proxy (as described below) at any time for any reason, including cases where UPMC reasonably believes that it is not in your best interest to continue to provide MyUPMC access to you or your proxy.
- MyUPMC is voluntary and you are not required to use MyUPMC or to authorize a MyUPMC proxy. As such, UPMC will not condition in-person treatment upon you either signing up for MyUPMC or authorizing a MyUPMC proxy. You are required to have a MyUPMC account to use the UPMC AnywhereCare service.
- All of the MyUPMC FAQs are incorporated herein by reference. By choosing to sign up for MyUPMC, you agree to abide by all of the conditions set forth in the MyUPMC FAQs.
MyUPMC and certain of its functions may be accessed by certain mobile devices including certain smart phones and tablets. At this time, UPMC cannot guarantee that every mobile device will allow registered users of MyUPMC to access any or all functions of MyUPMC. If your mobile device does not permit you to access any or all of the functions of MyUPMC, UPMC requests that you use an appropriate desktop and/or latptop computer instead. All users of MyUPMC are reminded that they should always take precautions in protecting any personal or confidential information and should always ensure that their mobile devices are used in a safe and responsible manner.
MyUPMC and UPMC AnywhereCare allow patients to appoint family members, or designated individuals, to act on their behalf through a feature called "proxy". Proxy access allows a MyUPMC user to access another MyUPMC user's record and access other features of MyUPMC on behalf of the MyUPMC user (such as making appointments, refilling prescriptions, conducting UPMC AnywhereCare visits an online billable medical evaluation and management service, communicating via MyUPMC with UPMC's billing office regarding bills, etc).
Proxy access may be provided either (1) by a MyUPMC user granting such access or (2) as the result of a request by an individual having medical decision making authority for a MyUPMC user.
If you have been given proxy access, you agree to the following:
- MyUPMC contains select medical information from a patient's medical record and that MyUPMC does not reflect the complete contents of the medical record.
- Proxy access is for the care of the UPMC patient. If you no longer need to have proxy access, you should notify UPMC immediately.
- MyUPMC proxy access is not for frivolous purposes or for purposes unrelated to the care or treatment of the UPMC patient.
- UPMC provides MyUPMC and UPMC AnywhereCare as a convenience to its patients. UPMC has the right to revoke your proxy access at any time for any reason, including cases where UPMC reasonably believes that it is not in the patient's best interest to continue to provide access.
Patient: If you have granted proxy access, you agree to the following:
- MyUPMC contains select medical information from your medical record and that MyUPMC does not reflect the complete contents of the medical record. You further understand that MyUPMC may contain information from all UPMC health care provider records that utilize UPMC's electronic health record systems, as well as other sources, and that your proxy will be able to access all information in MyUPMC. Such information may include information associated with HIV, mental health and drug and alcohol treatment. If you are not comfortable sharing all information available through MyUPMC, you should not provide proxy access.
By granting proxy access your designated proxy is permitted to do the following:
- Request appointments for healthcare services on your behalf with any UPMC health care provider that participates in MyUPMC.
- View all of your medical information that is available within MyUPMC.
- Communicate via MyUPMC, by phone or in person with any of your UPMC health care providers that participate in MyUPMC regarding tests, treatments, medications, patient advice and administrative tasks.
- Conduct UPMC AnywhereCare visits, an online billable medical evaluation and management service on your behalf that may not be covered by your insurance.
- Communicate via MyUPMC with UPMC's billing office regarding bills that you may receive.
- You have the ability to revoke proxy access at any time by using MyUPMC tools or providing a written request to your health care provider. Otherwise, unless UPMC revokes proxy access (as described above), proxy access will remain in effect until a court order or applicable law revokes it. However, if your proxy has accessed and re-disclosed your information prior to you revoking proxy access, such information will no longer be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- You may request a copy of your completed MyUPMC Adult Proxy Request Form.
Proxy for Pediatric Patients:
If you are requesting a proxy for patients age 0-18
- Only parents and legal guardians will be granted proxy access to MyUPMC for pediatric patients. Legal guardians will be required to provide proof of guardianship before access is granted.
- Individuals with proxy access for patients between the ages of 13-18 will have limited access to information on MyUPMC. This is done to preserve certain privacy rights afforded to adolescent patients.
- UPMC and/or its physicians reserve the right to discontinue pediatric proxy access when doing so is deemed to be in the best interest of the patient. In such instances, UPMC, nor its physicians, are obliged to provide an explanation for discontinuation.
- Parents, legal guardians, and other individuals with legal rights to access a minor patient's medical records may do so by submitting a request to the appropriate UPMC facility medical records department in accordance with UPMC policy.
Provision of services:
UPMC currently provides MyUPMC to you free of charge, but reserves the right to charge for these services in the future. In the event that a charge should be introduced, all those enrolled would have the option of discontinuing the service.
While every effort is made by UPMC to make MyUPMC free from error, UPMC cannot guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained on MyUPMC. Additionally, UPMC cannot guarantee that MyUPMC will be fault-free, but will endeavor to correct reported faults as soon as we reasonably can.
UPMC may change MyUPMC from time to time. Additionally, UPMC may suspend or terminate MyUPMC in its entirety or any part of MyUPMC at any time. UPMC may also provide links to 3rd party websites or resources from MyUPMC, but UPMC neither accepts responsibility for 3rd party websites nor endorses their content.
As a participant in MyUPMC you may be asked on occasion to complete patient satisfaction surveys via MyUPMC. UPMC may use that information to enhance MyUPMC functionality or to analyze the data as part of studies and reports. In these cases, all information that could be used to identify you will be removed.
UPMC is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as applicable regulations, standards, and guidelines established by governmental agencies and accepted accrediting organizations.
Additionally, UPMC's HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices can be found at http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/privacy-info/pages/notice-of-privacy-practice.aspx
UPMC and its designees may use MyUPMC data without your further authorization (1) as part of UPMC's educational activities and programs and (2) for research purposes if the information is de-identified and used in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations. If the information is not de-identified, UPMC shall not use the information for research without your written authorization.
You are responsible for creating a MyUPMC account online with a user ID and password which you will use to access MyUPMC account and the UPMC AnywhereCare website. You are responsible for the security and proper use of your MyUPMC user account and you must take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is kept confidential. UPMC strongly encourages you to not share your username and password. If at any time you feel that your MyUPMC user account has been compromised, you should change your password.
MyUPMC service is protected using industry standard security measures. While such security reasonably protects your information and use of MyUPMC service, if you have concerns regarding the security of your information or the use of the Internet to communicate your personal or health information, you should consider not enrolling in MyUPMC.
You understand that UPMC takes no responsibility for and disclaims any and all liability or damages arising from you sharing or losing your MyUPMC user account or password.
If UPMC has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of your MyUPMC user account, your participation in MyUPMC and/or UPMC AnywhereCare may be suspended or discontinued by UPMC without prior notice.
WHILE UPMC WILL ATTEMPT TO OFFER MyUPMC WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACCESS IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS, AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. UPMC DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS MyUPMC AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME. ADDITIONALLY, UPMC CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE. SHOULD YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR INFORMATION ON MyUPMC IS NOT ACCURATE OR THAT THERE IS AN ERROR WITH MyUPMC, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER OR THE MYUPMC SUPPORT LINE IMMEDIATELY. ADDITIONALLY, UPMC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO MYUPMC AT ANY TIME WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UPMC TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY INACCURACIES OR DEFECTS IN THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, COMMUNICATION LINES, THE INTERNET OR YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP), COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR DEVICE THAT YOU USE TO ACCESS MyUPMC AND UPMC ANYWHERECARE. ADDITIONALLY, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING COPIES OF YOUR INFORMATION IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN THE EVENT THAT MyUPMC IS UNAVAILABLE.
E-Mail and UPMC Web Site Terms
- UPMC's notice of privacy practices
- UPMC's consent for treatment, payment and health care operations (TPO)
All such terms and conditions and other policies and information set forth above are incorporated and made part of these terms and conditions by reference.
We may modify these terms and conditions, other terms and materials referenced in this document, MyUPMC or UPMC AnywhereCare, or the content of MyUPMC or UPMC AnywhereCare websites at any time. For this reason, you should review these terms and conditions on the UPMC website periodically.
The services and the content of MyUPMC and UPMC AnywhereCare are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property concepts as applicable and are provided solely for your personal use. Republication, distribution, or use of MyUPMC and UPMC AnywhereCare that is inconsistent with the terms and conditions described herein is strictly prohibited.
These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to conflict of laws principles.
THE UPMC ANYWHERECARE SERVICE MAY ONLY BE USED TO REQUEST ADVICE FOR NON-EMERGENCY AND NON-URGENT MEDICAL CONDITIONS. DO NOT USE UPMC ANYWHERECARE TO COMMUNICATE WITH UPMC IF THERE IS AN EMERGENCY, URGENT CONDITION OR WHEN YOU REQUIRE AN IMMEDIATE ANSWER. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD SEEK EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES IMMEDIATELY OR CALL 911.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to UPMC AnywhereCare.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE USE OF UPMC ANYWHERECARE, IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE. BECAUSE THIS SERVICE IS ACCESSIBLE VIA THE UPMC WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AS WELL AS THOSE THAT ARE REFERENCED HEREINBELOW.
BY CLICKING THE “I ACCEPT” BOX WHEN COMPLETING AN ANYWHERECARE REQUEST FORM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE ANYWHERECARE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE MyUPMC TERMS AND CONDITIONS, UPMC’S NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES, UPMC’S CONSENT FOR TREATMENT, PAYMENT AND HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS (TPO), THE UPMC WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, MyUPMC FAQ’S, AND ANYWHERECARE FAQ’S, ALL OF WHICH ARE INCORPORATED AND MADE PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY REFERENCE.
MYUPMC IS A CENTRAL HUB THAT ALLOWS PATIENTS TO ACCESS A NUMBER OF UPMC SERVICES USING A SINGLE LOGIN. MYUPMC OFFERS PATIENTS AND THEIR PROXIES ACCESS TO THEIR UPMC MEDICAL RECORDS. MYUPMC ALLOWS PATIENTS TO COMMUNICATE SECURELY WITH THEIR UPMC DOCTORS, RENEW PRESCRIPTIONS, VIEW TEST RESULTS AND MEDICAL RECORDS, AND SCHEDULE OR REQUEST APPOINTMENTS, AMONG OTHER THINGS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
1.1. UPMC AnywhereCare is an online healthcare service (occasionally referred to herein as the “Service”) offered by UPMC and/or one or more of its subsidiaries. This Service enables you to submit clinical information and symptoms for only those non-emergency or non-urgent medical conditions identified on the UPMC AnywhereCare service menu. UPMC affiliated medical providers (“Providers”) licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania where you, the patient, are located will provide a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan based expressly on the information you provide during your virtual care visit. Because this is a virtual visit, the Providers may direct you to a more traditional setting to receive care (such as in the physical presence of a healthcare provider). The Providers who will be reviewing your request for care and providing you with a diagnosis and/or treatment plan will typically be a qualified physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner, consistent with applicable state laws.
1.2. Pediatric Patients - AnywhereCare visits by a proxy on behalf of a minor (pediatric patient under the age of 18) are currently only available in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
1.3. Prescription Medications - UPMC AnywhereCare is not an internet pharmacy. If medically indicated, Providers in their sole discretion and subject to applicable laws, may write prescriptions relating to your AnywhereCare visit if the Provider determines in their sole discretion.
1.4. Account Registration - To access UPMC AnywhereCare, you must first create an individual user account through MyUPMC (“Account”). You agree that you will only create one Account or create an Account for someone other than yourself for whom you are a proxy—specifically, minor children of whom you are a parent or legal guardian or adults for whom you are the authorized legal representative. In creating an Account, you agree to provide current, accurate information about yourself or the patient you represent as proxy; and you agree that each time you access a MyUPMC Account, you must update all information to keep it accurate, complete, and current.
If information is provided that is untrue or incomplete or if it is suspected that the information provided is untrue or incomplete, UPMC may suspend or terminate your Account and refuse to provide you with medical service(s) in the future.
Use of UPMC AnywhereCare:2.1. In submitting a request for a UPMC AnywhereCare visit, you certify that the following statements are true:
- You are not experiencing a medical emergency.
- You will not disregard medical advice previously given to you by another provider based upon the treatment you receive from the UPMC AnywhereCare provider.
- UPMC AnywhereCare visits are deemed to have occurred in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by you when requesting the AnywhereCare visit. A Provider who is currently licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania where you are located will review your health information.
- You are an adult (at least 18 years of age) and you are located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania when registering for the AnywhereCare visit and that you will remain in that state for the entire length of the visit. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the site or Services, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
- If you are seeking care on behalf of a minor or other individual for whom you are serving as a legal representative or guardian, you will be required to be designated as their proxy (“Proxy”) in accordance with the terms and conditions associated with such designation.
- You are competent to use the Services offered through the UPMC AnywhereCare website, and you fully understand the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- You understand that there are limitations associated with a virtual visit that may not arise in a traditional, in-person setting. You have voluntarily chosen to be treated by a Provider through UPMC AnywhereCare and understand the limitations associated therewith.
- You understand that the treating Provider is not a substitute for a primary care physician whom you see in person on a regular basis for annual physical exams and preventative medical care.
- You represent that if you are prescribed a medication, the medication is solely for your own medical needs, and you will not distribute, sell, or otherwise dispense the medication(s) to any other person(s). You acknowledge that you are not requesting the medication from multiple sources in order to provide or add to a stock of such medication or to exceed the amount necessary for your current personal medical needs.
- You understand that certain over-the-counter medications, including herbal medicines and nutraceuticals, may adversely react with prescription medications, and you agree that you will not take any of these over-the-counter medications without first consulting your pharmacist or your primary care physician.
- Schedule II drugs, such as Codeine will not be prescribed through an online visit and that certain other non-controlled substances, as identified by UPMC and/or as prohibited by applicable laws and regulations, may not be available for prescriptions as part of a UPMC AnywhereCare visit.
- Some states allow pharmacists and pharmacies to accept prescriptions from out-of-state practitioners based on medical visits conducted in a format similar to UPMC AnywhereCare services and some do not. You acknowledge that UPMC and the Providers accept no risk relating to whether any prescription resulting from your UPMC AnywhereCare visit will be filled by pharmacists and pharmacies located in states outside of the state where you are located, as such prescriptions are being provided to out-of-state pharmacists and pharmacies as a courtesy to you as the patient. You agree and understand that the UPMC AnywhereCare service does not transmit prescriptions to any pharmacists or pharmacies located outside of the United States.
- You agree to contact your primary care physician if you have questions, difficulties, or complications in connection with recommended treatment.
- If your certification is inaccurate, you agree to indemnify UPMC and the Providers with whom you interact.
- At this time, UPMC AnywhereCare for pediatric patients (children under the age of 18 years) is only available in Pennsylvania.
- If you are serving as a Proxy for a child under the age of 18 years (subject to applicable state laws) or for an adult patient and requesting a UPMC AnywhereCare visit on behalf of that patient, you represent that you are an adult (at least 18 years of age), that the patient you are serving as a Proxy for is located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in your request for an AnywhereCare visit for the duration of the visit and at the time such Services are rendered, that you are also located in that state in immediate proximity to the patient for the duration of the visit and at the time such Services are rendered, and that you shall provide images of the patient’s affected sites if such are requested as part of the UPMC AnywhereCare visit.
- If you are designated as a Proxy of a minor or another adult, you may use the site or Services on behalf of such minor or adult. By using the site and Services on behalf of a minor or adult, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of the minor or other adult and agree to these Terms and Conditions and all applicable references contained herein.
- As a Proxy, you represent that you are seeking access for the care of the patient with no frivolous intent and are acting within the best interests of the patient. These terms and conditions shall apply to you as well as the individual for whom you have been granted proxy access.
- You agree and understand that for all AnywhereCare visits with a minor, the UPMC AnywhereCare service is only accessible for children ages 3 and above However, if the pediatric patient (ages 3 and above) has an established relationship with a UPMC family practice physician who also participates in the UPMC AnywhereCare service, you may request the service from such UPMC family practice physician, and if the UPMC family practice physician is available to perform the Service and determines such visit can be completed.
Additional Statements applicable to those designated as Proxy:
Additional statements applicable to AnywhereCare visits with minors located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania:2.2. Financial Responsibility:
You agree that each UPMC AnywhereCare visit is provided to you for a fee and that you will pay the fee at the time of the Service.
Other than with UPMC Health Plan, UPMC AnywhereCare is not currently a participating provider with respect to these telemedicine services with Medicare, Medicaid, or other third party payers. Patients receiving services through UPMC AnywhereCare who are not UPMC Health Plan members therefore acknowledge and agree that claims for such services will not be submitted to these payers nor will they otherwise be covered by such payers. Patients therefore are personally responsible for any charges incurred while receiving care via UPMC AnywhereCare.
To the extent that a UPMC AnywhereCare visit is eligible for reimbursement, in whole or in part, you agree that you will pay any applicable deductible or co-pay prior to the visit.
The purpose of this notice is to help you make an informed choice about whether or not you want to receive these items or Services, knowing that you will have to pay for them yourself. Before you make a decision, you should read this entire notice carefully. Ask us to explain, if you don't understand why certain payers and programs won't pay.
Once submitted, you will be unable to cancel the request. All payments provided prior to a request for a UPMC AnywhereCare virtual visit are non-cancellable and non-refundable, even if the visit results in a recommendation of a different level of care (i.e. emergency room visit or urgent care).
Consent to Treatment:3.1: You consent to the provision of medical services that may include a diagnosis and treatment plan and related prescribing of certain medication as determined by the Provider, referral(s), and/or recommendation for a different level of care, as considered necessary or advisable, diagnostic procedures, medical treatment by and/or suggestion for admission to a hospital or other healthcare facilities and other healthcare providers which the Provider may consider necessary or advisable.
You understand that your data will be shared with a health information exchange in Pennsylvania, “Clinical Connect Health Information Exchange,” and you have reviewed UPMC’s ClinicalConnect HIE Standard Addendum to the Notice of Privacy Practices form.3.2: My UPMC allows patients to communicate securely with their UPMC doctors, renew prescriptions, view test results and medical records, and request appointments, among other things. UPMC affiliated medical providers (“Providers”) licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania where you, the patient, are located will provide a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan based expressly on the information you provide during your virtual care visit. You agree that the Provider determines whether or not the condition being diagnosed and/or treated is appropriate for a UPMC AnywhereCare visit. You are aware that UPMC has taken certain security measures to ensure that your health information is protected, but there may be risks to privacy notwithstanding such measures. You hold UPMC harmless for information lost due to technical failures. You agree to UPMC’s Consent for Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations (TPO) and understand that your care may include taking photographs / video and making audio recordings.3.3: In submitting a request for a UPMC AnywhereCare visit, you represent that the following statements are true:
- You will provide truthful, accurate and complete information to the Provider, and any failure to do so could result in an inaccurate diagnosis or treatment that could be harmful or ineffective. Accordingly, you have answered each question from the commencement of your requested visit through its conclusion truthfully and accurately and have fully and completely disclosed any and all information concerning your health and medical history that you are aware of which could be relevant to your current condition and need for treatment and/or medication. If you have been granted proxy access, you represent that the foregoing statements are true for the information you have provided on the patient’s behalf.
- The Provider will only be able to diagnose and recommend a treatment for your condition based upon information that you have provided. If you fail to provide information that is required to complete the visit, UPMC AnywhereCare or the Provider reserves the right to terminate any virtual care visit.
- You agree to make the Provider aware of any changes to your medical condition or any information previously provided if you revisit the site to obtain a refill or any other service or product of any kind whatsoever.
- The Provider reviewing your health information and symptoms may prescribe a medication or recommend other treatment based on your responses. If a medication is prescribed, you may request a copy of the prescription.
- You agree that if a medication is prescribed you will notify the Provider during your AnywhereCare visit of any adverse reactions that you may have had in the past with that medication. If you become aware of anything that may affect the medication prescribed, you will notify the Provider or another healthcare provider immediately. You accept all risks, known and unknown, involved in, arising from or related to taking the medication, products or treatment.
- You agree to fully comply with all instructions provided by the Provider following the submission of answers to questions required to obtain the diagnosis received. UPMC AnywhereCare is not liable for your failure to adhere to or be compliant with the Provider's recommendations, which may include a recommendation of a referral to another provider or specialist.
- You have been given the opportunity to ask any and all questions about any medication(s) that may have been prescribed. You understand that there are risks and potential side-effects as well as benefits in taking any medication.
- Any concerns regarding the UPMC AnywhereCare visit, the limitations associated therewith or medications prescribed should be addressed to the Provider during your AnywhereCare visit or with your primary care physician.
Mobile Devices:For UPMC AnywhereCare visits, certain mobile devices including smart phones and tablets may allow the user to complete the visit via the mobile device. At this time, UPMC cannot guarantee that every mobile device will allow registered users to complete a UPMC AnywhereCare visit. If your mobile device does not permit you to undertake and/or complete a UPMC AnywhereCare visit, UPMC requests that you use an appropriate desktop and/or laptop computer to undertake and complete the visit. All users of UPMC AnywhereCare are reminded that they should always take precautions in protecting any personal or confidential information and should always ensure that their mobile devices are used in a safe and responsible manner.
Limitation of Liability:
EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, AND WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. UPMC AND ITS AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. (B) UPMC ANYWHERECARE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN ANY SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE WESBITE OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. (C) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM UPMC OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THROUGH OR FROM THE UPMC ANYWHERECARE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL UPMC NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES. IN ADDITION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL UPMC NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM: (I) PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA; OR (II) MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATION FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO UPMC ANYWHERECARE RECORDS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MyUPMC), PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES, AND WHETHER IN ANY ACTION IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR FUNDAMENTAL BREACH), OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE OR ANY SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH THIS SITE OR ANY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN, ACCESSED THROUGH, OR PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON, THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF UPMC OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES IS ADVISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OR POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. TO THE EXTENT CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS RESTRICT ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SUCH LIMITATIONS SHALL NOT APPLY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH RESTRICTIONS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UPMC AND ITS AFFILIATES AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, FEES, CHARGES, EXPENSES, OR LIABILITIES, AND IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE THE FOREGOING LIMITATION IS FINALLY DETERMINED TO BE UNAVAILABLE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEE PAID BY YOU PRIOR TO THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE SUBJECT DAMAGES, LOSSES, FEES, CHARGES, EXPENSES OR LIABILITIES.
- IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF.
- YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL LAWS THAT LIMIT THE EFFICACY OF SUCH INDEMNIFICATIONS OR RELEASES.
Surveys/Feedback:As a participant in UPMC AnywhereCare, you may be asked on occasion to complete patient satisfaction surveys or provide customer feedback. UPMC may use that information to enhance UPMC AnywhereCare functionality or to analyze the data as part of studies and reports. In these cases, all information that could be used to identify you will be removed. Your participation in these satisfaction surveys is completely voluntary and does not affect your UPMC AnywhereCare visit.
Miscellaneous:Certain medical information of a general nature may be provided to you as a result of your UPMC AnywhereCare visit or through MyUPMC. This information is only general and educational in nature and is not intended to be, nor should it, be relied upon in lieu of a provider-patient relationship, including a medical examination. Any warranties with regard to this information, including the accuracy of the content, are expressly denied.To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the Federal and State Courts in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania shall be the sole and exclusive jurisdictions for any and all disputes arising out of your use of UPMC AnywhereCare services.By using UPMC AnywhereCare you agree to the applicability of the laws and jurisdiction of the state from which you’ve accessed the website, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws, for any matters related to your access or use of this site.
Entire Agreement:These Terms and Conditions, together with any UPMC AnywhereCare rules or policies referred to herein, represent the entire agreement between you and UPMC AnywhereCare concerning the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior understandings, whether written or oral, concerning such subject matter. We may modify these terms and conditions, other terms and conditions referenced above in this document or the content of MyUPMC or UPMC AnywhereCare websites at any time. For this reason, you should review these terms and conditions set forth above and the terms and conditions referenced herein.The Services and the content of UPMC AnywhereCare are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property concepts as applicable and are provided solely for your personal use. Republication, distribution, or use of UPMC AnywhereCare that is inconsistent with the terms and conditions described herein is strictly prohibited.If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be illegal, void or unenforceable, then such terms may be modified or amended to the extent necessary to enable the remaining provisions to be enforceable and effective to the maximum degree.