- MyUPMC FAQs
- UPMC AnywhereCare FAQs
- MyUPMC Terms and Conditions
- UPMC AnywhereCare Terms and Conditions
MyUPMC functions for medical records and doctor communication
- Get advice from your doctor’s office
- Review your medical history and test results
- Renew prescriptions
- Request appointments
- Track chronic conditions
- Manage your family’s health through Proxy access
- Print UPMC hospital discharge instructions
- UPMC AnywhereCare for round-the-clock online medical visits
- UPMC Health Plan
- Bill paying
- and more
Please note: Not all patients are able to access some or all of the features of MyUPMC and/or UPMC AnywhereCare. Certain UPMC doctors’ offices do not currently have the technology to access the entire MyUPMC system, and their patients will not be able to use the full array of features. If you do not currently have a UPMC doctor, you may not be able to access certain functionality within MyUPMC and/or UPMC AnywhereCare. In addition, all references to “doctor,” “physician,” “health care provider,” or “provider” presume that the provider is a UPMC-employed provider. If you are not sure if your UPMC provider participates in some or all of the functionality within MyUPMC and/or UPMC AnywhereCare, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MyUPMC Support Line at 1-866-884-8579, option 2.
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have access to the Internet
- Are the parent or legal guardian of a minor patient. Certain restrictions to information may apply. Legal guardians must provide a court order to obtain proxy access of a minor patient.
- Never provide your password to anyone.
- Once you are done, exit the system by clicking the Log Out option at the top right corner.
- Select a password that consists of letters, numbers, or a combination of letters, numbers and symbols that would not be found in a dictionary or be easily guessed by others.
- Be careful with your password. Do not write it down or keep it in a place that is easily accessible by others.
You are able to view and pay current statements for UPMC Physicians, UPMC Hospitals, and UPMC CancerCenter online through MyUPMC. To do so, select Billing followed by eStatement.
In addition to paying your statements online, you will be able to view recent statements and payment history. For billing questions, select Billing and then Contact Customer Service. You may also call Customer Service at 1-888-647-9600.
Only new statements as of June 1, 2013 are available within the eStatement section in MyUPMC. To view and pay older statements, click the link at the bottom of the eStatement page to go to UPMC's Pay Your Bill website.
For any additional questions regarding bill payment or insurance coverage, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-647-9600. You can also send a message or chat live with Customer Service by selecting Billing then Contact Customer Service.
- If you are automatically logged out of MyUPMC, please reboot your computer and try to access MyUPMC again. If the problem persists, try the next step.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8, follow the steps below to ensure that an Internet setting called
“Content Advisor” is disabled.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on “Tools” and then select “Internet Options.”
- The Internet Options window will open. Click on the “Content” tab.
Take note of the first button below the Content Advisor heading.
- If this button says “Enable” this means that Content Advisor is not currently enabled. Do not change Content Advisor settings at this time. If the problem persists, please try the next step.
- If this button says “Disable” this means that Content Advisor is currently enabled. Click “Disable” to disable Content Advisor. If the problem persists, please try the next step.
Adding MyUPMC to your list of approved sites may resolve this issue. Follow the steps below to add
MyUPMC to your list of approved sites.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on “Tools” and then select “Internet Options.”
- The Internet Options window will open. Click on the Security tab.
- Find Trusted Sites in the middle of the window and click the “Sites” button to the right.
- In the Trusted Sites window, under the prompt “Add this website to the zone:” type www.MyUPMC.com
- Click “Add” after typing the website.
- Click “Close” to close the Trusted Sites window, then click “OK” to close Internet Options.
- Close and restart Internet Explorer.
- Access MyUPMC.
MyUPMC includes a Proxy access feature, where on behalf of the patient, designated family members or other authorized individuals are granted access to certain portions of the patient’s health information. To begin, log in to MyUPMC. Click “Access another family member” in the top right corner. Proxy access permits authorized individuals to do the following:
Proxies of Adult Patients (age 18 or older):
- Request appointments for health care services on the patient’s behalf
- View all available medical information
- Communicate via secure messaging, by phone, or in person with providers regarding tests, treatments, medications, patient advice, and administrative tasks
- Conduct a UPMC AnywhereCare online medical visit
- Communicate on the patient’s behalf with UPMC’s billing office
Proxies of Pediatric Patients (13 to 18 years of age):
Certain restrictions apply to pediatric proxy for patients age 13 to 18 due to privacy considerations
- Appointment requests (with display of PCP only)
- Medical advice requests (with display of PCP only)
- Contact lens/eyeglass prescription
- Growth charts
- Immunizations (excluding Rh immune globulin)
- Glucose and blood pressure tracking tools
- Contact and administrative information (excluding appointment notifications and wallet card)
- Links: Health Information Resources, FAQs, Find a Doctor, UPMC.com, UPMC Health Plan
- Conduct a UPMC AnywhereCare online medical visit
Proxies of Pediatric Patients (age 12 years or younger):
- All MyUPMC features are available except for UPMC AnywhereCare for children under the age of 3.
For Adult Patients: Both the patient and the patient’s representative must complete and sign a proxy request form. A proxy request form can be obtained from the patient’s doctor’s office or by clicking the link below. Once completed, mail or fax it to the contact listed on the first page of the form. Proxy Request Form for a Patient Age 18 or Older
For Patients Ages 0–18: If you are a current MyUPMC user and would like to request proxy access for a patient under 18 years of age, you may do so online. Simply log in to MyUPMC and select Request Proxy Access from the Access Another Family Member list in the top right corner. If you do not have a MyUPMC account, print the pediatric proxy request form below, and complete and mail it to the address on the first page of the form: Proxy Request Form for a Patient Age 0 – 18
Proxy access to children is automatically discontinued when the child turns 18. When your child turns 18, he or she may get their own account or you may complete an Adult Proxy Request form to obtain adult proxy access.
To comply with certain laws regarding privacy rights of adolescents, MyUPMC limits the features that a proxy may access for pediatric patients ages 13 to 18.
You can download the free MyChart app from the App Store, iTunes Store, or Android Marketplace. Search for "MyChart" and install it. Once installed, scroll through the list and choose MyUPMC. You will then be prompted to enter your username and password. In order to use the mobile app, you must have an existing MyUPMC account.
Note to iPad users: Download the app under the iPhone app section. There is not an option for download under the iPad section.
- Send a secure message to your doctor about non-urgent health questions
- Request prescription renewals (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch only)
- View upcoming and past appointment details
- View lab results, allergies, medications, and immunizations
- View preventive care procedures and when they are due
- View other accounts for which you have authorized proxy access
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are located in Pennsylvania for the duration of the visit
- Pediatric patients can only use the service if a parent or legal guardian has established a proxy relationship in MyUPMC and is present during the video portion of the visit
The UPMC AnywhereCare providers are Pennsylvania-licensed providers (Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Physicians) located in Pennsylvania who are specially trained to handle your UPMC AnywhereCare requests. If you have an established relationship with a UPMC primary care physician who currently participates in UPMC AnywhereCare, you can request to have that physician participate in a UPMC AnywhereCare visit with you based on the physician’s availability.
For pediatric patients (other than those who have an established relationship with a UPMC family practice physician and select that physician for their AnywhereCare visit), the UPMC AnywhereCare providers are licensed, board-certified pediatricians located in Pennsylvania. These providers rotate, so you will not be able to select a specific provider for the UPMC AnywhereCare video visit.
Yes. If your primary care doctor participates in UPMC AnywhereCare, you may request that he or she is the recipient of your request based on the physician’s availability, among other things.
Requesting your primary care physician may result in a longer wait time – up to one business day instead of 30 minutes. Additionally, your primary care doctor does not have the ability to conduct a video visit.
The following conditions can be treated via UPMC AnywhereCare:
- Back pain
- Birth control, need for
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Genital herpes
- Poison ivy
- Red eye
- Pink eye
- Seasonal allergies
- Sinus infection
- Sinus/cold symptoms
- Sore throat
- Strep throat
- Urinary symptoms
- Vaginal irritation/discharge
For Children Ages 3-18
- Pink eye
You or your health care provider may request a video visit as part of your UPMC AnywhereCare visit. Requests will be determined at the sole discretion of UPMC. In addition, depending on the circumstances, you may be required to have a video visit as part of your UPMC AnywhereCare visit as determined by UPMC and its providers. For children ages 3 – 18, a video visit is required. A video visit is not required if: the pediatric patient has an established relationship with a UPMC family practice physician who also participates in the UPMC AnywhereCare service; you request the service from that UPMC family practice physician; the UPMC family practice physician is available to perform the service and determines such visit can be completed without a video visit. If a video visit is required by UPMC and its providers, the UPMC AnywhereCare visit will only be completed if you consent to and undertake the video visit.
Prior to the video visit, you will be required to complete any questionnaires and answer any questions requested by UPMC and its providers. You may select a preferred timeframe when you would like to have the video visit.
A video visit is a real-time meeting with a health care provider online, via a web cam. The experience is comparable to popular video messaging services and has similar system requirements for using it: a web cam and audio system on your computer. Please note that video visits cannot be completed via mobile device at this time. Listed below are the detailed system requirements:
- 2 Mbps minimum, higher is better. This is only for 1 patient and 1 doctor video stream, no other participants.
- USB or on-board camera
- Adobe Air version 3.7 or newer
Windows Operating System:
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64 bit editions) with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Classic
- 4GB of RAM
Mac Operating System:
- Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, or v10.8
Vidyo is a free third-party application used by UPMC to handle audio-visual AnywhereCare visits. You will need to install this application in order to complete your AnywhereCare video visit. On mobile devices, such as smart phones and tablets, you can get the app from your app store. If you will use a desktop or laptop computer to complete your video visit, you will need to have Vidyo installed on it. Installation and use of Vidyo is quick and easy, but you may encounter some common issues:
- After the plugin is downloaded to a desktop or laptop, you still need to find and double-click the installer to finish the process.
- Your browser may block the plugin from running; if so, you will need to click whatever option displays to confirm that you do want to run this plugin.
UPMC AnywhereCare is for children ages 3 and older. The parent or legal guardian must have an active Pediatric Proxy account for the child to receive UPMC AnywhereCare services. Pediatric Proxy requires validation of parental rights via MyUPMC and takes one business day to activate. The legal guardian must also have their own active MyUPMC account. Foster parents are not eligible for pediatric proxy or access to services through UPMC AnywhereCare for minor children that they are caring for.
Pediatric UPMC AnywhereCare is video only and is provided by a pediatrician. Access to a PC-based web camera is required.
- 24/7 online medical care, 365 days a year – from wherever you are in Pennsylvania.
- One low price with no insurance hassles.
- Patient must be age 3 or older to use this service.
- Symptoms that can be treated are: cold, cough, and pinkeye.
- Parent/legal guardian must be present during AnywhereCare video visit.
- Children cared for by foster parents are not eligible for this service.
- Parent/legal guardian must have an active MyUPMC account and Pediatric Proxy account for their child to receive UPMC AnywhereCare services for the child.
- Pediatric Proxy requires validation of parental rights via MyUPMC and takes one business day to activate.
- Access to a PC-based web camera is required.
- You will get a quick response from our pediatric providers to schedule the video visit.
- The UPMC AnywhereCare providers for children are licensed, board-certified pediatricians located in Pennsylvania.
- Providers rotate coverage to make this service available around the clock; you are not able to select a specific provider for the pediatric visit.
- Though our providers will attempt to completely resolve your health care concern, they may recommend that you take the child to see their pediatrician.
For technical troubleshooting or general questions, you can email email@example.com or call the MyUPMC and UPMC AnywhereCare Support Line at 1-866-884-8579, option 2.